After School Services
BCCN have produced the following publications to promote the importance of After School provision. Both packs are available on request by telephoning 047 72469 or emailing email@example.com. Details of the content are appended below:-
After School Quality Development Information Pack - Second Edition
After School Quality Development Service Evaluation System Pack - Second Edition
Overview of the BCCN After School Quality Development Service Evaluation System - Second Edition
The BCCN After School Service Evaluation System (SES) is not intended to measure quality in services, but has been specifically designed to encourage management and staff to focus and reflect on every aspect of the service that they offer to children and families.
This involves an ongoing process of reflection on all aspects of the After School Service including, for management and staff, their own personal development, attainment of skills and promotion of their health and well being. The entire service, including premises, provision for play and recreation, environment, atmosphere, interactions, planned and unplanned activities and experiences that impact on the children / young people.
It is therefore important that the provision and practice is of an extremely high standard. This tool will encourage and facilitate continuous improvement through reflection, self-evaluation, planning and action.
Contents of the Pack are:
- Foreword to Second Edition
- Foreword to First Edition
- The Border Counties Childhood Network Information
- Principles Underpinning the Delivery of Quality After School Services
- Second Edition Name Change
- Improving Quality
- Overview of the Service Evaluation System
- 1. What is the Purpose of the Service Evaluation System?
- 2. Who can Use the Service Evaluation System?
- 3. What is Self-Evaluation?
- 4. What is the Purpose of Self Evaluation?
- 5. Is Your After School Service Ready to Undertake Self-Evaluation?
- 6. Identifying the Focus for Self-Evaluation
- 7. The Process of Self-Evaluation
- 8. Planning for Action
- Action Plan Template
- Overview of Units
- Equal Opportunities
- Evaluation Example
- Unit 1. Effective Management
- Unit 2. Staffing
- Unit 3. Partnerships & Links
- Unit 4. Premises & Environment Indoor & Outdoor
- Unit 5. Safety, Health, Hygiene, Nutrition and the Well being of the Child
- Unit 6. Consultation & Programme Planning
- Unit 7. Monitoring & Evaluation
- References and Further Reading
- County Childcare Committees
- Other Websites of Interest
For more information or to order the Pack contact firstname.lastname@example.org